Sunday, January 23, 2011

Super Bowl Bound!!

Our little Packer backer is already in bed for the evening so I had to use an old picture to celebrate the fact that the Packers beat the Bears today and the Pack are headed to the Super Bowl!! We are so excited!! Tim and I are die hard Packer fans and I think Sofia has caught the bug as well. We watched the game with our friends Sam, Lea, Dave, Rachel, and their son Jude. The game was mentally exhausting to watch, especially with the events that took place the night before.

Saturday was the night for SCO's annual formal dance, the Eye Ball. We decided to go out to dinner with our friends but not to the dance. Tim and I didn't want to spend 50-60 dollars on a babysitter for an event that is usually full of wasted first and second years acting ridiculous. We had an awesome meal at Bosco's, a local Memphis restaurant/brewery. It was so nice to catch up with some friends that we haven't seen much lately. Sofia came with us and was awesome, especially considering the fact that we kept her out an hour and a half past her bed time. She went to bed easily and Tim and I thought we would get our normal night of uninterrupted sleep. We are very lucky to have such a great baby, she has slept through the night since she was about 3-4 months old. Around midnight she started crying so my awesome hubby let me sleep and tried changing her but she only started screaming more, with no fever, this is extremely odd behavior for Sofia. She hasn't really been sick since before she had her tubes put in and had regular ear infections. We assumed that she was cutting a new tooth but she had no fever and we couldn't feel anything but we gave her some Tylenol and Oragel just so we could cross that off as a possible problem. We tried feeding her, rocking her, and the only time she wasn't screaming was when Tim was moving around with her. Tim was a trooper and kept this up until 5:00am with a few breaks from me. Finally I think she feel asleep from pure exhaustation and slept until 7:00am. With the daylight I was able to notice clear fluid draining from her right ear. I called Sofia's ENT (who is an awesome doctor by the way) and we were able to start drops right away and give her Tylenol for the pain. I just feel awful that she was in so much pain throughout the night. Overall she had a pretty good day with a long nap in the middle of the day. Hopefully we have an easier night. Tomorrow morning I have to bring her in to the ENT so he can check out her ear and make sure everything is ok. So much for getting ahead on sick days at work. Last night gave me a new appreciation for people with fussy babies or babies who don't sleep well at night. Tim and I have felt awful today from getting so little sleep, but we really can't complain about one rough night in the past 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment