Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Everett & Sullivan at 1 year

Better late than never. I've concluded that summer is just not a good time to blog, when I have free time I'd rather be outside or doing something fun. Anyways, the boys had their one year visit this past Friday. Everett weighed in 23lbs 6oz (51st percentile) and was 31.5" tall (86th percentile). Sully weighed in at 22lbs 7.5oz (337th percentile) and was 30.25" tall (52nd percentile). Their sizes are SO different from Sofia. She never left 90s (as far as percentiles) until she was 2. I'll be really curious to see how tall they boys end up being, and if they pass their sister. The men on my side of the family all average 6 feet and up but Tim's side of the family definitely has shorter guys. The boys look like brothers but most people ask if they are twins because they definitely each have their own look, especially with the differences in their hair. Sullivan managed to avoid getting his one year vaccines because he showed up to the doctor's office with a little rash. So we decided to play it safe and bring him in later this week for his vaccines. The boys are great eaters. They absolutely love fresh fruit and vegetables. I'm so happy they do because their big sister has been very picky about her fruits and veggies so it's nice to have two kids eat them readily. The boys' favorites are about the same. They love blueberries, pancakes with bananas or blueberries, fruit leathers, asparagus, carrots, kale soup, grilled chicken, strawberries, kiwis, mango, pineapple, you name it. They are healthy little eaters. In fact, they turn their nose up to junk food. Every now and then we have fries from Culver's and Sofia loves them but the boys want absolutely nothing to do with them. In the past few months it has been so fun to see the relationship between the boys develop. They love to work on getting into things together. They definitely fight over toys but most of the time they work it out between themselves. I love listening to them baby babble back and forth when we put them to bed at night and when they wake up in the morning. Sofia is definitely a protective big sister, whenever they are upset she gives them a hug and then pats their back and says, "It's ok, honey" or "It will be ok, buddy". It melts my heart to see this. There are definitely scrums between Sofia and the boys but Tim and I are so grateful that our kids have each other to lean on.

Everett- You are such a sweet and sensitive little guy. You love to snuggle and you are definitely a Mama's boy. Everyone comments on your long dark hair with curls. You are a very busy boy, you stay very busy trying to keep up with your big sister Sofia and your dog, Frodo. When I walk all three of you to the park I typically put you in the Ergo and your siblings in the double stroller. I love the way you just lean back and stare at me with a sweet smile. And then you purse your perfect little lips to kiss me. You are a very affectionate little guy. You cruise around on all of the furniture and will occasionally use a push toy to get around. I don't think I've ever seen a baby crawl as fast as you do, sometimes you crash because your arms can't keep up with your fast little legs. You love balls and books, when I play catch with your sister you always try to join in. You are actually pretty good at throwing things for only being 12 months old. You really enjoy books with animals and you are able to point out a few different types of animals in several books. Your Dad and I always say that you will probably get your heart broken a few times because you wear your heart on your sleeve. But thankfully your brother Sully will probably give you a good slap on the back and tell you to get over it. You went horse back riding twice this month; once at the zoo and once at the County Fair. You also went tubing for the first time, you enjoyed it but it also wore you out. You and Sully took nice naps on the boat while your Dad and I went water skiing. Everett, your smile is infectious and I love the way you love life. You are a little boy with an adventurous spirit and a kind heart. I have thoroughly enjoyed the last year with you and I look forward to the years to come.

Sullivan- Sully, you are a wild, stubborn little man. Your Dad and I have had so much fun in the past few months as you have revealed more and more of your personality to us. Way back when you were a newborn your family and your doctor predicted you would be an artistic guy. I think we all nailed it on the head because you tend to view most things in life from a unique perspective. In fact, we frequently catch you in different yoga positions where you are literally looking at things from another angle. You do things the way you want and you don't really care what other people think. Although this can be a difficult trait as a child, I think it will serve you well later in life. You definitely like to get your way, if things don't go your way you let us know by doing this funny little kick. You also make some of the most interesting sounds I've ever heard. You don't always make the sounds that are on the 12 month checklist, but you have several of your own varieties. The other day Frodo was growling at the front door and a few minutes later I saw you perched at the front door growling just like Frodo. You also love exploring textures, you will try to pull your blankie or you sister's blankie out of the cribs and you literally throw yourself into your favorite blankets. You are such a handsome little guy who also loves to explore but you notice much different things than your brother. You are always paying attention to the fine details of things. Sully, you have started dancing more this past month and you make everyone in the room smile with your dancing. Like Everett, you also went horseback riding twice and enjoying going tubing on Big Cedar Lake. You also spent a fair amount of time napping on Grandma Peggy on the boat. Sully, I love your creative and unique spirit. I hope you continue to follow what interests you without worrying about what other people or society thinks. You are such a fun loving guy, I can't wait to see what year 2 brings.

The one year pictures are en route from our photographer so I'll just leave you with pictures from some of the fun things we've been up to lately.

Learning how to milk cows at the Ozaukee County Fair.

Daddy with his boys.



Trying to figure out a way to hoist each other up the pole.

My unique little Sully checking out the pool from another angle.

All 5 of us tubing on Big Cedar Lake.



Playing on the tube at the sand bar.



No comments:

Post a Comment